Wednesday, March 4, 2009

And Yet Another Blog Review!

Review from Corn Husker Academy
I was excited to get the chance to read this book - it is dealing with such a huge issue - shame. Marilyn approaches this issue from the heart because she dealt with it her whole life, sometimes not even realizing it. She tells her personal story and it is so interesting and gripping that I read through this book in two days. I wouldn't necessarily recommend doing that, because it is meant to really help you dig deep and work through shame issues you might have. But you need to understand that while I can read a non-fiction book in a day or two, I struggle through most non-fiction books. I didn't struggle here at all. Marilyn's writing is wonderfully light and easy to read, while incredibly engaging. Her story will pull you in while the end of the chapters will help you heal. At the end of each chapter she has 3 things to do...

1) How About You? There are a few questions that get you thinking about whether what Marilyn dealt with in that chapter might be something that you need to deal with too.

2) Shame Lifters. Here Marilyn mentions some things you can do to start working through these issues, practical self-help, along with scripture to lift you up.

3) A Prayer. The chapter ends with a prayer that you can pray that helps pour your heart out to your Heavenly Father.

I can't even begin to tell you the list of people that I want to pass this book onto! It is wonderful! Shame Lifters could change the body of Christ one reader at a time by letting them see themselves as God sees them instead of through the eyeglasses of shame that they usually wear.

http://cornhuskeracademy.blogspot.com/2009/03/shame-lifter-book-review-and-giveaway.html

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am attending Central Wesleyan in Holland and I wrote a book review of Shame Lifter. I was wondering if you would like to post my review on your blog too. I posted it on my blog www.thelivingwordbookclub.blogspot.com. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete